Analyst, Corporate Development
The Corporate Development team at Inspire identifies, evaluates, and executes strategic initiatives through the form of partnerships, investments and acquisitions that help shape the long-term trajectory of the company. All of this is done through the lens of providing customers with a world class experience driving us to a brighter energy future. We are seeking an Analyst to support these efforts.
THE ANALYST, CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Industry Analysis: Drive proactive assessments of trends/tech which impact the long-term trajectory of Inspire
- Investment Analysis: Work with Product & Engineering to identify potential gaps/accelerants in our roadmaps and perform build/partner/buy analysis as well as source & assess potential investment/acquisition targets
- Financial Analysis: Develop financial models including valuation models
- Corporate Development Support: Deal / Partnership negotiations, due diligence, integration
- Strategic Communications: Synthesize and present recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders, senior management and board members
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Manage the creation of all strategic communication, including ACM, Board Meetings, PDC etc.
- Manage the outreach and day to day engagement with any deal partners (partnerships, investment, acquisition)
- Develop, manage and recommend new opportunities around business development opportunities in partnership with the ORC / Finance / Ops
- Salesforce Traffic Cop
- Consistent and insightful, weekly reporting around all Corporate Development/Business Development activity via Salesforce within 30 days
- Ownership of all strategic communications assets within 45 days
- Courage - Demonstrate the ability to fight for and against opportunities
- Curiosity - Passion for technology and sustainability with a desire to go deep
- Storyteller - Ability to transform data into presentations with an eye on design and accuracy, while conveying the intended value proposition
- Discrete - Operate with a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality
- Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, venture capital or private equity in the technology and/or energy industry
- Strong quantitative, analytical and valuation skills (DCF analysis, EVA analysis, comps etc.) with the proven ability to quickly and accurately run complex financial models using thoughtful assumptions
- Strong strategic thinker and passion for learning about new companies and technologies
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work well with a diverse set of people (e.g. external CEOs, networking events, engineering team, product team)
- Nice to Have
- Experience with demand response, energy efficiency and distributed energy resources
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!