Customer Experience Project Manager
Tala is looking for a highly motivated Customer Experience Project Manager to help us develop and improve our product offering and experience for regional markets. Tala is a world leader in providing direct loans and financial services in emerging markets. We are a global team with diverse backgrounds focused on using technology, data and customer-centric approach to meet the financial needs of the 2+ billion people of the emerging global middle class.
As the Customer Experience Project Manager, you will work with the global Customer Experience team and report to the Director of Customer Experience. The role will help teams enhance our customer engagement practices and strategies, and ensure that Tala is engaged in best in class customer support. A successful candidate will ensure that project goals and tactics are clearly outlined, create well-defined business cases, and delivers on initiatives.
- Research and define the root cause of issues, and communicate clearly to solve the issues
- Advocate for the customer by translating localized needs or trends into actionable insights for partner teams in marketing, credit, and product with the aim of improving our product offering
- Create and manage regular metrics reporting for customer experience
- Support in-country management in staffing and costs measurements
- Work with customer experience leads in each country to maximize quality while working towards reducing costs
- Analyze effectiveness of current strategies; identify opportunities for improvement
- Report regularly on KPIs at all levels within the organization for transparency and data-informed decision making
- Work with CX leadership on optimizing utilization of CRM tools and determine best practices or opportunities for improvement
- Maintain accurate documentation for all tools
- Support scrum master for department and team level sprint metrics and achievements
- Source, chart and analyze data to support company goals
- Ability and experience motivating teams, both indirectly and directly, ideal to have experience with international teams
- 2+ years experience in customer support and/or Product Development
- 2+ years experience in consumer finance or microfinance or fintech
- Attention to detail, with a research-oriented mindset to determine improvements for training, quality assurance, and business process improvement
- Experience and proven success in Project Management
- Proven ability to deploy set standards, procedures, and policies
- Analytical, with a data-informed approach to management and decision making
- Willingness to travel without restriction anywhere from 10-40% of the time
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of the financial services industry (Know Your Customer, financial compliance, etc.)
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience working in Agile
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. [Unlike traditional credit scoring,] Tala's proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by Forbes, the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others. Tala is headquartered in Los Angeles with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.