Video Producer and Editor
Greater LA Area
SimplePractice is looking for an exceptional Video Producer + Editor to join our in-house marketing team and be a foundational member of our new educational video content division, SimplePractice Learning. We’re prepared to invest a great amount of resources and time in creating great long-form video content. That means there’s a lot of opportunity for earned creativity and freedom, but there’s also an incredible amount of responsibility.
Everyday you’ll be using your outstanding video editing skills and eye for DSLR filmmaking to create high quality educational content for the SimplePractice community - over 35,000 behavioral health & wellness entrepreneurs who run private practices across the country.
You are a video guru- part video editor, part producer, and part director/camera person. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done with a collaborative, creative spirit. With a wide range of projects on the horizon, from tutorial videos shot in the studio, to social media promo trailers, to help desk videos, your attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously will lead to more opportunities and leadership in our video team.
What you'll do:
- Pre-production Planning and Strategy: Work with the SP Learning team to gather resources, create the production schedule and handle logistics for shoot days. Manage all deliverables from pre-production to post-production.
- Video Production: Perform on-set videography, lighting and sound and collaborate with instructors to produce educational classes and promos. In-studio and some travel work may be required.
- Video Editing & Organization: Edit your videos quickly and efficiently, delivering projects on time while maintaining high quality. Maintain our digital asset management system and assist in final delivery of video and marketing materials.
- Communicate Insights & Success: Assess project resourcing, equipment, video performance, and make recommendations on improvement.
Why we're excited about you:
- You are a speedy editor and are dedicated to consistency and organization.
- You have an interest in education and the determination to edit long tutorial videos on dense subject matter.
- You are a confident videographer / producer and can coach non-actors to bring out the best when they’re on-camera.
- You are a natural relationship builder, savvy problem solver, and life-long learner who can convey concepts and stories in compelling and creative ways.
- You love to own projects and are a strong collaborator who can juggle multiple deliverables with aggressive deadlines.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: Outstanding video content is a growing and exciting element of our company’s objectives, and our team is at the heart of it.
- Growth: Our team is small, so you’ll have room to innovate, flex your leadership skills, and grow long-term.
- Variety: You’ll work on a wide range of projects, with a wide range of talent and equipment, and will solve interesting challenges.
- Mission: We’re helping therapists, health and wellness professionals deliver higher quality care by giving them continuing education and inspiration.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in videography and video editing within a professional, team environment; preferably in an in-house setting rather than agency setting.
- Mastery of Adobe Premiere Pro video editing, multi-camera editing, color correction and sound sweetening.
- Experience with DSLR filmmaking, lighting, sound recording and small team / solo video production.
- A passion for educational content and track record of developing and executing successful video content.
- Strong communication, organizational, and collaborative skills.
- Knowledge of digital asset management, video encoding formats and standards.
- Identify and resolve production problems with creativity and a contagious “can-do” attitude with attention to details.
- Live video streaming experience is a plus
We build software that helps health & wellness professionals run their private practice. We’ve helped thousands of professionals by offering intuitive, people-centric software that’s totally focused on running a business and helping patients. That’s what our customers care about so that’s all we care about. We know this because we value relationships and constantly speaking with customers is the only way to deliver a great product. We’re a growing startup founded by a successful entrepreneur who was a therapist himself at one point in his career.
Read Full Job Description