Video Editor (minimum 1 month contract)
Location: Hollywood, CA
Reporting to: VP of Content
Jumpcut is a Y Combinator company that creates cinematic online courses with some of the world’s biggest influencers. Our founding team has years of experience creating binge-worthy content -- and now we are on a mission to interrupt the online education industry by creating courses for the modern world that are as addictive as your favorite TV show.
We are looking for a talented Video Editor to join our team! You will be working alongside two other Editors in our Content department editing end-to-end scripted and unscripted videos and formats, and at times helping to create narrative. This is a 1 month minimum contract opportunity, with potential for full-time hire to a staff position.
- Edit our course videos: You will be responsible for following along with our visual scripts to create our course lessons, including: lessons from course experts, integrating interviews from other experts, supplemental b-roll, etc.
- Edit our marketing funnel videos: The writing/scripts can only take content so far -- the rest is up to the editor’s pacing, creativity, and overall execution. You will be creating multiple variations and split tests to help us experiment and optimize marketing efforts.
- Develop video identity: With every project, you will be expected to bring your own unique skill sets and ideas to the table. We will be looking for you to contribute to helping us further develop our video identity.
- 3+ years experience with end-to-end editing
- Experience editing short films, music videos, docu-style, and/or direct to camera/talking head
- Skilled in editing pacing, music, and color
- Fully competent in Adobe Creative Suite and especially skilled with Premiere
- Highly detail oriented and independently resourceful
Additionally, you might be a good fit if…
- You enjoy working in environments with quick production time and turnaround
- Quality, creativity, and attention to detail is a huge point of pride for you
- Your communication, collaboration, and organization skills are on point
- You are a wiz at audio mixing
- Laying in GFX/VFX is second nature to you
- After Effects is your playground
Perks and Compensation:
We’ve got some pretty sweet digs and perks like catered meals and flexible hours. Check out jumpcut.com/about for more information and to meet the team!
This is a 1 month minimum contract.
Compensation is competitive, and dependent on experience: $250-$350 a day DOE
Read Full Job Description