How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- A copyediting professional and enthusiast, who loves grammar, style, the written word, facts, clarity, accountability and transparency.
- A proactive, passionate articulator and stalwart defender of strong standards across the organization.
- A skilled communicator whose diplomatic gifts makes it possible to provide feedback to both passionate creatives as well as growth-minded business units, while keeping all parties satisfied and moving forward quickly.
- Comfortable reviewing work for standards across a range of mediums, beyond text. Highly responsive and flexible; able to review and triage various kinds of work in an array of formats including text, visuals, audio and video and in-app experiences, on deadline.
- Experienced in communicating well and providing reviews in Slack, email and video chat.
What you’ve accomplished:
- A degree in English, journalism or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of professional editing experience and proven success in an editorial environment.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment. Strong communication skills and the ability to be self-directed, or build processes from scratch. when necessary.
- A demonstrated ability to reflect editorial, scientific and legal standards in a position of review.
- An interest in meditation, mindfulness, wellness and/or experience in editing scientific work a plus.