Sr. Strike Team Copywriter (Temporary)
What we're looking for
We're a legal services company, but the experience we aim to deliver should feel like anything but what's typically associated with legal stuff. We're looking for a copywriter who takes the mundane and makes it engaging and, dare we say, fun. We sell LLC formations, but we express that through the lens of fulfilling people's dreams of starting their own business. We sell wills, but let's not make death seem so depressing (it sort of speaks for itself). Sound like a challenge you typically embrace?
What you'll do
You'll be working with a cross-functional team of product marketers, designers, and developers on product innovation (also known as a Strike Team). You'll be responsible for maintaining our brand voice in all product touch points, pre- and post-purchase. The customer-facing copy you write will exist across (mostly) digital touch points-products & services pages, product flows, pre-checkout experiences, post-checkout experiences, landers, and emails. You won't be the lone writer-you'll report to the Sr. Director of Brand Voice who will be there to guide you and other copywriters in various cross-functional teams.
What we're looking for
- Someone with experience working in a Strike Team environment
- Someone who is comfortable with the project management aspect of copywriting and sees projects through to completion
- Someone to help bring the LegalZoom brand voice to life, utilizing the right attributes at the right time, and convey the appropriate tone throughout the customer journey
- Someone who knows how to strategize with product and marketing teams about customer experience, business objectives, and how to best bring our story to life through words
- Someone who believes in "clarity above all" and is highly skilled in distilling down information into simple messages
- Someone who brings empathy to their writing practice and see things from a customer's point of view
- Someone who is organized and able to juggle multiple projects at a time
- Someone who takes ownership of a project and keeps communications going through to completion
What else we look for
We think the biggest compliment one can receive at work is "I love working with you." We also love it when someone has a strong point-of-view on great brand communications (interview question hint), and who maybe even helped with a messaging strategy for one of those great brands. And, you are a copywriter, so we have to say having an eye for detail and good proofreading skills are important. We also like hearing your thoughts on pop culture, branding trends, new writing styles, music, technology, and whatever else keeps your mind going.
If you're still with us, we look forward to learning more about you, and certainly appreciate you taking the time to get to know us!
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.