Senior Internal Communications Specialist
We’re looking for a Senior Internal Communications Specialist to join our fast-paced team! In this role, you’ll directly support Procore’s Director of Internal Communications. You’ll be responsible for supporting the execution of employee communications and engagement programs that inform, inspire, and fuel employee passion for Procore.
It’s an exciting time to be at Procore! We’re growing quickly and want to build upon the amazing culture that distinguishes our company. In this role, you'll develop employee communications that scale the vibrant culture across our global team. You’ll seek out and share the stories that make us who we are and create engaging messages that connect employees to our vision, culture, values and culture and promises. You’ll have the opportunity to jump in and do different things every day and work with fun people who are out to make a difference. You’ll have ample opportunity to learn and grow your career while making a major impact on our people, culture and organization.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to company-wide internal communications and engagement programs that inspire and connect employees to Procore’s mission, values, culture, and promises
- Participate in the development of all-employee messaging and communications including developing communication plans, writing and editing blogs, emails, scripts for executives, PowerPoint presentations and other communications
- Help communicate the company story with a consistent tone and voice
- Measure the effectiveness of communications, by tracking established benchmarks around employee communications, and reporting on results. Examples include views, comments, likes, shares, sentiment, and response from employees
- Help in creating communication strategies and plans
- Handle tactical assignments with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, nimble environment
- Help ensure employee communications and engagement activities are globally minded, culturally resonant and consistent with Procore’s external communications and brand
What you bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills: You can distill complex content and write for impact
- Creativity and vision: You've helped execute communications and engagement deliverables that drive business outcomes and inspire employees. You re innovative and scrappy, and take pride in your ability to turn ideas into reality
- Great people skills: You know how is as important as the what. You have a reputation for building strong relationships up, down and across organizations
- A passion for storytelling: You possess the creativity, curiosity and drive to learn our business, get out and meet employees across the company, dive into our culture, and find, develop and showcase the stories that make us who we are
- Pride in your work: You have strong writing skills and care about correct grammar, spelling and punctuation and AP-style
- Analytical skills: You re able to distill and synthesize complex data and ideas into simple, concise and meaningful information. You’re organized, timely and able to prioritize and project management
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment because you see it as an opportunity to learn, grow and build something great together
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or a related field
- Excellent verbal, written communications and interpersonal skills, including a portfolio of writing samples. We are seeking someone who can produce and edit great content
- Project management experience / the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Experience working across various communication platforms
- Ability to travel if necessary (less than 10%)
- Ability to think outside the box to create new and innovative ways to communicate with employees that reflect the culture
- Ability to work fast, under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment, and deliver results
- Self-driven, with the ability to deliver, often with limited guidance
- 3 to 5 years professional experience in internal communications or related field
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.