Real-Time VFX Artist
Greater LA Area
**This is a contract position with an end date of 10/31. Please only apply if you are seeking contract work.****
When it comes to creating mind blowing immersive experiences Wevr, a pioneering immersive entertainment studio, knows the game! With some of the top talent in the industry, not only do we work hard to create an environment that helps us attract top talent but we cultivate a culture with more opportunities for our team to continue to thrive.
We hire a mix of the best talent. From seasoned industry veterans to talented rising stars, our goal is to incorporate diversity that garners new perspectives and experiences. We love working with brave talent who thrive in navigating the waters of the ever evolving modern interactive entertainment world.
About the Job:
- Take ownership of a wide range of Cinematic FX using both Realtime and simulated
- Work with lead artists to ensure timely completion of VFX
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of VFX
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews
- Research and collect reference to help guide the look of VFX
- Work within the established art styles of our IP
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience creating VFX in Unreal Engine.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience in film, cinematics, games, or equivalent education/work experience
- Experience crafting eye-catching FX using Maya, Houdini, After Effects, Nuke, Photoshop, and/or In-game FX systems.
- A prior understanding of physics and animation timing
- Strong understanding of real-time VFX and Particles
- Ability to adapt to various art styles
- Experience creating procedural shaders and textures
- Strong Knowledge of Python
- Strong understanding of Animation principles
- Experience working with Volumetric and Liquid simulations
- Ability to build FX concept art
- Previously worked on Cinematics for AAA Games
- Experience Developing a Pre-rendered to game engine pipeline
- Has flexible hours for those with difficult commutes
- Is dog friendly
Read Full Job Description