Music Licensing Executive
FirstCom Music is Part of The Universal Music Publishing Group a leading global music publishing company, home to the greatest artist, songwriters and song catalogues. FirstCom Music has a heritage that has developed over decades into a diverse and comprehensive catalogue of unparalleled depth and breadth. Its ambition is to maintain its position and an industry leader.
FirstCom Music is a leading provider of production music for film, broadcast, digital media and corporate productions. For over 38 years, we have inspired creativity in thousands of studios around the world. FirstCom Music offers a comprehensive and diverse music collection comprised of 40 labels and over 255,000 titles, all available for easy licensing. We work with some of the most creative writers, producers and musicians in the business including Grammy and Academy Award winners, singer-songwriters, film score composers and major league session players of all kinds. We offer our clients a full range of music solutions including music supervision, custom searches, a vast stems library, sound effects, and full custom music & original scoring services.
Founded in the 1980's, FirstCom Music quickly evolved from a broadcast services company specializing in commercial image and radio ID packages to one of the world's best known and largest music publishing and production companies. FirstCom Music's aggressive growth in music licensing started with the launch of the world's first production music library on CD in 1985.
What Bandmember Are You?
Your role, as Music Licensing Executive is to develop, nurture and maintain relationships with our key clients, in the US and Canada territories, to develop new business and to support your line manager the Head of Sales in these endeavors. The Music Licensing Executive meets individual sales goals by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
- Developing a regular targeted call and meeting cycle including regional travel as appropriate
- Maintaining your client accounts within our database.
- Efficiently following up on all tasks resulting from your client meetings.
- The timely provision of accurate music searches for client music briefs either directly or via the music supervision team.
- Providing weekly progress reports on client feedback including releases, usage, music trends, new projects, relevant events and new contacts.
- License production music libraries and services offered by FirstCom
- Attend industry functions, conventions and in person client/prospect visits as needed.
- Maintain complete understanding, knowledge and implementation of FirstCom's sales process including opening statement, production analysis, music recommendations, web demos, customized sales proposal, follow up and consummation of the sale
- Provide sales/marketing ideas and feedback to management
- Represent company with a positive attitude towards clients, prospects and coworkers from all departments
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- 10 years of experience in direct and inside sales
- 5 years of experience in the Music Licensing / Music Industry Related fields.
- Proficient Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM
- Strong customer-focused aptitude with a polite and courteous manner
- Exceptional organizational, time management, written, and verbal communication skills
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible and adaptive to change
- Superior work ethic and a dynamic, positive attitude
- Proficiency in multiple selling strategies; (Social, Relationship, Needs Based)
- Maintain and achieve a minimum of 90% to goal of your target
- Bachelor's degree preferred
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.