Job Description – Mastering Coordinator
Burbank, California-based Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., is a leading provider of a broad range of services and technologies for the global digital media and entertainment industry. Bringing together a comprehensive network of specialized companies with best-in-class artistry, cutting-edge technology, streamlined delivery and distribution solutions and customized management strategies, Deluxe approaches all of its businesses with an ingrained attention to quality, detail and creativity. From start to finish, in whatever format or language is required, Deluxe has the infrastructure and in-house capacity to provide complete solutions to a broad range of customers, including: major motion picture studios, television networks and cable companies, advertising agencies, brands, production companies, independent distributors and content owners.
• Develop and maintain relationships with customers/clients to their satisfaction.
• Create, maintain and communicate to client project timelines and budgets.
• Prepare and communicate pricing quotes and estimates with client.
• Manage customer change orders by negotiating deliverable due dates between customers and internal departments, balancing internal capacity with external demands and expectations.
• Ensure deliverable due dates are reached on time and within budget.
• Provide direction to Account Coordinators and Operations regarding priorities.
• Proactively identify potential issues/problems with projects in process, formulate response and solution and communicate back to client.
• Communicate regularly with client regarding project performance metrics.
• Initiate corrective action process as needed. Create policies and procedures to improve quality of deliverables in the future.
• May be responsible for educating and advising client about new services offered.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• Working knowledge of the Digital Cinema Mastering process and deliverables a plus.
• BA or BS degree preferred.
• 2+ years’ of experience working with clients in the entertainment industry; traditional post production background helpful.
• Solid technical understanding of the Digital Cinema industry helpful.
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Must be proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, inventory, internet, order processing, project management, and database software.
• Must be flexible to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.