Manager, Sports Programming
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Manager of Sports Programming to join the Snap Inc! Working within the Programming team in Los Angeles, CA headquarters you will work with our programming leadership on our sports strategy and with our partners and internal teams to identify, acquire, develop and program the Sports content that appears for our users in Discover. The Programming team learns from our community about their interests, preferences, and engagement with content on Snapchat and works tirelessly to improve their content experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to and innovate our sports programming strategy
- Identify great sports partners and content to onboard to Snapchat
- Enforce a high editorial standard for all sports content
- Make Snapchat the best destination to consume sports content on mobile
- Work with internal teams, leagues, media companies and sports personalities to make Snapchat the best mobile content destination for sports fans
- Innovate new Snapchat content formats
- Coordinate with relevant content providers (internal and external) to package content related to sports tentpole events
- Manage a small team
- 7+ years experience in sports content creation, development, or curation
- Exceptional editorial tastes and vision and an innovative approach to digital media
- Deep understanding of the content preferences for the 13-34 demographics
- Strong partner-facing communication skills
- Deep industry relationships with both sports media companies, personalities and leagues
- Both big picture strategic thinking and the ability to dig in to the details
- Adaptability and excitement to lead and manage in a changing environment
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].