Manager, Community Forums
Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve. Sound interesting?
Who we’re seeking:
Do you have genius-level knowledge and love to spread the word about all things Zwift? If not, no problem - we can train you ;)
We’re looking for an enthusiastic community forum manager that’s ready to roll up their sleeves, put their ambition to work and have some fun growing the Zwift Forums. Ideal candidates will be detailed oriented and have a keen sense of empathy for member experience.
You’ll be responsible for helping shape the strategic direction and building a team to moderate as our community grows. Day to day you’ll develop high impact content that drives engagement and get involved in discussions, offer tips, and help with troubleshooting. You’ll be the champion of the forums internally and interface with other teams reporting out on successes and sharing feedback and feature requests.
What you’ll do:
- Grow and nurture our community forum by driving engagement throughout the Zwift ecosystem with high impact content strategies
- Ensure comments and responses are managed and encourage friendly engagement between members and with the forum itself
- Encourage CS peer, QA, Product and Marketing Team participation to ensure timely responses to topical threads
- Consolidate feedback and feature requests to present to relevant teams
- Escalate individual issues to community support team for fast resolution
- Identify and encourage super users and manage our Watopia Wayfinder forum leaders
- Drive requirements and ongoing roadmap for future features for our online community
- Own the Zwift Forum OKRs
- Measure community health and report out on successes
- Become a Zwift meister (yes, riding or running at work is part of your job)
What to bring:
- 5+ years experience managing a large, highly engaged online community or forum
- Comfortable managing internal and community moderators
- Experience with SEO best practices including the ability to drive organic search growth through community content
- Know how to work with UX and dev teams to design and deliver enhancements and features
- Ability to develop content and know how to drive engagement backed by testing
- Close attention to detail with strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude. You know how to dive in on your own and figure things out.
- Team player with an ability to work well independently and remotely at times
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly (we’re constantly putting learning into practice)
- Active Zwift community member
- Experience administrating Discourse or other comparable forum software
- Cycling, running and/or indoor training equipment knowledge
Top Five Reasons Why We Think You’ll Love It Here:
- Great employee bike program
- Amazing office location on the 19th floor with a killer view
- Full benefits package
- Awesome team of diverse individuals who love what they do
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?