Junior Direct Response Copywriter
Greater LA Area
What the job entails:
Imagine if you could join one of the most innovative direct response marketing companies in the world and be trained into a master copywriter (and marketer) by the same team that has:
• Grown from zero to over a million per month in revenue from a single online course.
• Had multiple million dollar digital product launches.
• Launched Facebook and YouTube ads seen all around the world by tens of millions of people.
• Gained over a million email leads in the past 12 months alone.
Now, due to our accelerated growth, we at Jumpcut are looking for an ambitious junior copywriter to lead our email marketing efforts: writing powerful, compelling, emotional email copy that turns readers into devoted fans eager to buy every product we release.
Our goal is to take online business education (and our marketing) to a more innovative level than anyone has ever done before.
Why does that matter to you?
Here’s why: Due to our unique team composition, there’s no other position in the world that offers as valuable a learning experience and professional growth opportunity as this.
If you’re an ambitious direct response copywriter, then you couldn’t possibly want to work anywhere else.
We’re not necessarily looking for an expert (but we’re definitely open to it). Our main criteria is: will this person quickly learn and grow with the company?
You’re going to be part of a team that is moving incredibly quick. The speed with which we implement new ideas is likely faster than you’ve ever experienced. You’ll get a 360 degree view of how the business works and it will be your ideas that help us grow even faster.
(Note: This position is available to fully-remote workers, if that’s what you’re interested in, although most of our team is based in Hollywood, California.)
Who you'll be working with:
You'll be reporting to Brandon, our Director of Marketing, and working alongside the rest of the marketing team (mainly other copywriters). We take a collaborative approach to the marketing, so you should be excited to brainstorm product launch strategies, new offers, and copywriting ideas with the rest of the team.
1. Consistently put out valuable email content so that our audience of over 500k subscribers stays engaged and looks to us as an authority.
2. Help create product launch sequences, primarily sales emails, as well as eventually working on optin pages, Facebook ads, and other more advanced projects.
You'll be a good fit if:
- You are the most ambitious, competitive, determined individual out of anyone you know.
- You prefer to be judged on your direct, quantifiable performance numbers (metrics like sales during a launch) because you know that the sky's the limit in terms of your professional growth if you can drive real results with your copy.
- You’re passionate about direct response marketing, copywriting, persuasion, and psychology almost to the point of obsession.
- You can communicate clearly, take feedback well, and want to collaborate with those who know things you don’t so that you can learn and improve.
- You love the idea of spending your time strategizing the most effective email marketing campaigns and funnels.
- You can’t wait to dive into ambitious projects like trying to double our open rate, triple how many emails we send out, and quadruple our profits from existing email lists (of over 500,000+ active subscribers).
Now, here’s what makes Jumpcut an especially interesting place to work for copywriters:
- We’ve got a team of engineers that can create our own custom marketing tools, software, and systems. That opens up a LOT of opportunity for putting your ideas into action. Because of that, we’re never limited by what tools are available on the market. You imagine it, we can build it.
- We’ve also got an amazing in-house production team which means we have the ability to shoot marketing videos that rival TV shows in their production value. You can imagine what that does for our conversion rates.
Read Full Job Description