We're WELL and we’re the modern communication platform for the $3 trillion healthcare industry. Using WELL, patients engage with their healthcare teams on their schedule and based on their preferences.
We are well-funded and growing quickly. More than 1,000,000 patients use our platform to communicate with their physicians and other healthcare professionals. Our investor’s portfolios include companies like Intercom, Wag, Uber, and SurfAir.
As an early employee joining our 50+ person team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives by improving their everyday interactions with their healthcare providers.
WELL Health, a thriving healthcare technology company in Santa Barbara, is seeking a self-motivated, creative brand storyteller to join our team.
As WELL’s Health Editor, you’ll be responsible for creating a wide range of written content. You’ll own and cultivate the company’s voice; develop innovative ways to engage a wide audience across our customer base; and produce intriguing, informative content for the sales, product, and customer success teams. You’ll also produce researched, reported pieces about the ever-changing healthcare industry, to keep WELL at the forefront of the larger conversation.
This is a role with autonomy and creative control, so you’ll need to be self-starting and proactive, able to manage a high volume of varied work, and brimming with new ideas. But you’ll also need to fulfill requests for specific content—and be prepared to produce something extraordinary based on a rough outline or creative brief.
The position is based out of our Santa Barbara office.
- Develop and produce a range of written content, including reported thought-leadership articles, case studies, sales collateral, correspondence, and content for nurture campaigns
- Become highly informed on issues and events related to the healthcare industry, and develop your own brand-friendly perspective
- Interview and cultivate relationships with experts
- Occasionally conduct live interviews with customers and industry leaders
- Fulfill specific requests for sales collateral, email content, and ghostwritten articles
- Research and develop new ways to engage WELL’s target audience
- Maintain and adhere to a well-organized, timely editorial calendar
- 2+ years of professional writing
- BA in English, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent
- Experience setting and meeting deadlines
- Experience writing for multiple audiences across a range of genres or media channels
- Experience interviewing experts and developing a reliable network of contacts
- Experience writing for a business or organization
- Social media savvy
- Healthcare industry knowledge
- Full Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Generous equity package
- Unlimited Vacation / PTO
- Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Fantastic company culture
- Frequent happy hours and events
- Stocked kitchen
- Ergonomic desk setup
- Dog friendly office