Freelance Blog Content Editor
At PatientPop, we believe healthcare providers should focus their attention on delivering quality care to patients. That's why we devised a solution that allows providers to build a thriving practice, without being tied down by the burdens of business growth.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work.
Our dedicated team brings a blend of experiences that drives innovation and customer success. Our development-focused culture allows employees to thrive personally and professionally. And our bustling (dog-friendly!) offices are in an enviable location: just two blocks from the beach and around the corner from 3rd Street Promenade.
Now, we want you to be a part of it all.
Writing for PatientPop
We’re looking for freelance editors who can help produce quality, original, informative blogs for our physician clients’ websites. Blogs are designed as an SEO marketing tool written for patients and prospective patients. Clients and blog topics span a wide range of health care specialties, such as: gynecology, dentistry, podiatry, chiropractic, and medspas.
- Edit quality website blog copy for healthcare providers based on online research from credible sources, editorial guidelines, style guidelines, and provider websites
- Experience editing healthcare and medical writing
- Experience working with web content, specifically for mobile
- Working knowledge of SEO principles
- Excellent understanding and execution of AP Style guidelines
- Exhibits an eye for detail while producing quality content under deadline
- Able to help writers produce a conversational yet professional writing style
- Strong communication skills, with a relatively quick response time
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Able to use Google docs and online plagiarism checker
- Provide quality score and constructive feedback to improve writing talent
Nice to Haves:
- Available to work 10-20 hours/week
- Availability on weekends
- Experience with project management tool Asana
When applying, please provide the following:
- Resume detailing relevant editing experience
Please note that all viable candidates must complete a 300-400-word editing test (details to follow).
"We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.”