Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Filmmaker to join the Marketing Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
We’re looking for a creative and experienced Filmmaker that loves to tell a good story, and who can push the envelope of how it’s told. You’ll work closely with creatives, producers and post artists both internally and externally to collaborate on and support the prepping, shooting and finishing of original video content across various platforms. This position requires participating in all aspects of concepting and directing video shoots (casting, location scouting, budgeting, coordinating and leading production crew, finding music, assisting post production, etc). Additionally, you will play a significant role in the evolution of our internal production capabilities as we continue to push the boundaries of production in creative and efficient ways.
What You’ll Do:
As a Filmmaker at Honey, you will:
- Work with creatives, producers and production crew heads, to lock down the nuts and bolts of production
- Lead location scouting, casting, costume design, rehearsals, camera tests, listening to source music, and consulting with the VFX team to ensure the best creative execution
- Responsible for and comfortable participating in brainstorms, developing scripts and pitch decks, and executing ideas for a variety of video content
- Maintain and execute the film's vision and consistently keep the bar on quality high
- Develop the budget and schedule of the shoot with the producer
- Responsible for staying on budget and schedule
- Be a creative thinker and storyteller who can solve complex challenges in pre and post production and on set
- Build and develop a network of contacts including cast, crew, and production partners
- Stay up-to-date on creative trends, pop culture and latest filmmaking trends and techniques
- A strong reel that showcases a passion for film, an ability to tell engaging stories, and the technical prowess to craft flawless content
- 4+ years of experience directing and shooting commercials, short films, music videos, etc.
- Fluency in all the technical aspects of filmmaking, including camera equipment, lensing, lighting, filter and accessory packages, and grip equipment
- A solid practical command of the tools of the directing trade: casting, performance, blocking, composition, art direction, production design, lighting, and cinematography
- Experience editing a plus
- A wide range of techniques and styles to build any kind of story
- Strong conceptual skills; you’re comfortable generating great ideas in a collaborative environment and have the skills to execute your ideas to completion
- Self-starter and ability to work under pressure without compromising performance or accuracy
- Humble, with the ability to receive feedback and notes of all types without ego
- The temperament and skills to work alongside an agency producer one day, and to line produce your own jobs independently the next
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.