Event Staff (Temp) - Saatchi Art & The Other Art Fair
Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair is a leading art fair for discovering emerging artists, with editions in cities around the world, including London, Bristol, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sydney, and Melbourne. Unlike at traditional art fairs where attendees buy from galleries, The Other Art Fair offers attendees unparalleled direct access to artists, alongside experiential programming, appealing to first-time art buyers and seasoned collectors alike.
We are looking for part-time Event Staff to help us onsite at our Los Angeles edition of The Other Art Fair (March 28-31, 2019). Event Staff are an important part of the organization and contribute to the effective execution of the Fair, as well as the awareness of art in everyone’s lives. They are the first contact for visitors and exhibiting artists. This is a temporary position paid at $12/hr that requires working onsite at the fair location (Magic Box at The Reef in Downtown Los Angeles, CA).
Leaf Group, The Other Art Fair’s holding company, is a diversified internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a dedicated team of Event Staff grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Fair Assistant
A typical day as Event Staff might include:
- Gain practical knowledge & experience in Contemporary Art practices and learn how a successful fair is working in Los Angeles, CA
- Meet new people with common interests such as artists, curators, professionals, local and international visitors, members of the art community
- Have fun while pursuing an important project that makes art accessible to everyone in an exciting and optimistic environment
- Welcome, inform, and help exhibiting artists and visitors
- Check invitations and tickets
- Assist exhibitors during the stand installation
- Work handling (furniture, boxes, documents) and manage project areas
- Assist with talks program in the Saatchi Art lounge
- Distribute fair guides and complimentary tickets
- Proactively invite visitors to participate in visitor surveys
You’ll be successful if you love talking to people, want to support emerging artists, and are eager to help with a variety of tasks.
What You Have:
- Able to commit to the duration of the fair (March 28-31) and assist onsite at the fair location (Magic Box at The Reef)
- Ideally, we're looking for someone who can commit to the following schedule during the fair dates:
- Thursday, March 28 (8:30am-3:30pm or 3:30pm-10pm PT)
- Friday, March 29 (1:30pm-5:30pm or 5:30pm-10pm)
- Saturday, March 30 (10:30am-3:30pm or 3:30pm-8pm)
- Sunday, March 31 (10:30am-3:30pm, 3:30pm-6pm, or 3:30pm-8pm)
- Excellent verbal communication skills with client-facing experience.
- Proactive, problem-solving mindset. You are motivated to complete tasks on time and support the team’s goals.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced setting.
- Eagerness to wear multiple hats—no job is too small or too large. You want to learn all you can. You’re also independent, responsible, and punctual.
- Passionate about art and art industry
- An eye for detail and an appreciation for art. You would be going to the Fair even if you weren’t involved!
- Self-starter mentality—you work well when you’re self-directed, and are quick to ask questions.
- Our environment is informal but we work hard and responsibly. An upbeat, supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Assignment ($12 hourly)
- Free entry to the fair
- Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company LA Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Companies to Work for
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.