Editor, Vehicle Data
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
As a Vehicle Data Analyst you'll be responsible for the first step in getting all of Edmunds' core data on to our site for consumers. You'll take the raw data from OEM's (auto manufacturers) and transform it into usable pieces of information that are displayed everywhere on the site from research pages, to editorial write ups, to inventory listings. You are the key to our consumers being able to easily compare the features and options of different vehicles to make their shopping experience easy and informative.
What You’ll Do:
Research, interpret and entry - you’ll be responsible for a set list of OEMs and must ensure the data for these OEMs is complete and up to date as you are the first step in ensuring the accuracy of the individual vehicle data contained on Edmunds.com. A typical day could consist of a combination or all of the following:
- Entry of all vehicle data such as features, options, colors by make and model
- Researching the assigned OEM's for additions/updates/changes
- Helping a team member out if they are swamped with their updates
- Peer reviewing data additions/updates
- Performing vehicle inspections to fill in missing
What You Need:
- We deal with a lot of automotive data – this person must be ready to breathe, eat and sweat all things automotive. You have to be an auto enthusiast comfortable working with data to be successful in this role
- The ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast paced environment. Data never sleeps. Both time and accuracy are of the essence
- Proficiency with Google Systems (i.e. Gmail & Google Docs) and MS Office - Word, Excel (Access is a plus but not required)
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.