Digital Content Coordinator
Greater LA Area
Are you ready for a challenge that could launch your career? We are seeking a Digital Content Coordinator who is enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere.
A one-of-a-kind workplace on a mission to preserve one-of-a-kind food.
ChowNow is on a mission to help local, independent restaurants thrive. Because of the vitality they bring to our neighborhoods and cities. Because of the amazing, one-of-a-kind food they create. And because the restaurant business is tougher than ever -- thanks to increasing competition, complexity, and the rise of third-party delivery services that gouge restaurants on every sale.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee, regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk. Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent) and by browsing our open roles at chownow.com/careers. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
This position is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles.
About the Position:
As our Digital Content Coordinator (DCC), you will play a crucial role in helping to build & maintain our restaurant content library. You will work closely with our collection of freelance content developers by acting as a liaison between them and our restaurant partners. You will be responsible for coordinating the content’s publication and ensuring our published content upholds our brand standards, is fresh, searchable, accurate, and cataloged in the most efficient way.
Reports to Director of Restaurant Discovery; No direct reports
Specifically you will:
- Coordinate and manage internal and external resources and assets aligned to our content and editorial strategy. Content includes but is not limited to imagery, audio, video, long form copy, and press.
- Be responsible for pushing and promoting content out as a part of the department’s overall communication strategy.
- Ensure that content developed adheres to ChowNow brand guidelines. This includes both stylistic expectations like tone and voice, as well as expectations of accuracy such as grammar and messaging.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Be versed in cataloguing tools including Salesforce & Box.
- Review your objectives and key results (OKRs), learn the OKR process, and create your personal Q3 OKRS.
- Be proficient in uploading to Tableside Magazine using WordPress.
- Be proficient in uploading to eat.chownow.com through Contentful.
- Identify possible workflow and process improvements and communicate them to the Marketing Director, Editorial, and Social.
- Comfortably prepare to upload 20 Discover Profiles per month to eat.chownow.com.
- Begin to troubleshoot any metadata issues that may arise.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Be coordinating, formatting, and uploading content to consumer facing online publication, Tableside Magazine.
- Process video, imagery, copy, and other content through our internal CMS to prepare them for broader distribution.
- Manage our integrated team marketing promotion calendar.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Review & revise Discover details in need of update (cuisine tags, lifestyle tags, websites).
- Manage the content creation calendar and own the process through completion.
- Manage Tableside Magazine’s editorial calendar.
- Take ownership of a continuous stream of digital content and make sure it is available for various uses and social channels.
- Identify and recruit new members to ChowNow’s freelance content developer network.
You Should Apply If You:
- Live, breath, and love digital content and storytelling. Passionate about content related to food, culture, and restaurants.
- Are dedicated to keeping your finger on the pulse of the restaurant industry.
- Have experience in Digital Media, Content Management, or similar.
- Are enthusiastic about working for a purpose-driven company that helps local restaurants thrive.
- Have the ability to recognize trends in content and share that perspective with the team.
- Are enthusiastic about Project Management, including working with both internal members of ChowNow and freelance content developers.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have strong familiarity with the Google productivity suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Have a deep desire to learn and grow as the company grows.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description