Content Services Tech
Content Services Technician
Content Services Technicians check, prep, and conform source materials in preparation for creation of DCPs. In addition, they create non-digital cinema media outputs of various media formats, complete ad-hoc project work, and deliver outputs for new, emerging theatrical technologies, all as those specified by their Supervisors and/or Managers. The Content Services Technician is also expected to perform the duties of a Mastering Technician, as needed.
Job Specific Tasks:
- Prep and conform source materials (Including Color conversion)
- Create outputs of various media formats
- Delivering a high quality of service and reporting to both internal and external clients
- Collaborating and liaising with other internal departments
- Handle associated paperwork from work orders to labeling of materials
Experience & Education:
- Picture and Audio editing, transcoding/encoding, audio synching and color conversion experience is desirable for this role
- Solid knowledge of Film & Digital file formats
- Working knowledge of editing and encoding systems, industry standard and/or bespoke is essential. Including, but not limited to, Colorfront Transkoder, R&S Clipster, Telestream Vantage, Digital Rapids, Final Cut Pro 7 and/or X, Pro Tools, AWS Elemental and Content Agent systems or comparable is essential. Also, working knowledge of DVD and/or Blu-ray mastering software would be advantageous.
- Experience within a similar high volume post production finishing environment and with associated tight deadlines.
- Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows, XML
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent preferred
- Two to three years of experience in a Post Production environment preferred