Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
Working the Programming Team, the Channel Editor is responsible for applying their understanding of what viewers want in order to curate and program content for several of the 100+ channels on Pluto TV. This role reports to the Editorial Director.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Working with our proprietary Content Management System (CMS), executing a strategy to program and schedule channels
- Review and analyze data to create a story to support the execution of programming and scheduling channels.
- Review and select content based on strategy, performance, and need within the channels handled.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe you will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- At least 1+ year of commercial experience, preferably in content programming or similar type of tasks (e.g. scheduling, content review, content curation, etc.)
- Attention to detail - this is a critical quality and you should be able to demonstrate this by incorporating the word “football” in your answer to the application question below related to TV series you’d recommend.
- Experience working with databases, particularly understanding how databases are needed to this kind of role.
- Comfort working with data and numbers, and understanding how they play into a programming strategy.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.