Associate Staff Writer
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for a new Staff Writer to be an integral member of our 35-person editorialteam. The right candidate will be trustworthy, unbiased and capable of connecting with carshoppers on their level. This means putting aside your own personal biases in favor of one thatlooks at each vehicle as a potential purchase.
The Staff Writer must be able to produce insightful and easy-to-read copy that helps shoppersunderstand how to find the perfect car through both the research and vehicle transactionprocesses. Our ideal candidate can write quickly on deadline and be flexible when jugglingassignments. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of the largest and mostforward-thinking editorial teams in the automotive world.
What You’ll Do:
- Write and update content that gives Edmunds users the information they need to make asmart buying decision
- Evaluate and rate new vehicles to determine their strengths, weaknesses and overalllevel of competitiveness
- Optimize content using the latest SEO techniques
- Work with the social and video teams to produce industry-leading content
- Assist other internal partners (Social, PR) with related content
- Attend and report on industry events as an Edmunds representative and developproductive relationships with industry representatives
What You'll Need:
- An authentic passion for cars. You're fanatical and deeply knowledgeable about our subject matter, giving you instant credibility both internally and externally
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive attitude and a strong sense of integrity
- Driving is a part of this job and all applicants must be able to pass a motor vehicle records check and meet the requirements of the Edmunds Policy on Authorized Driving
- Minimum years experience required is zero, but a degree in writing or journalism is preferred
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.