Business Systems Analyst - Sales
The Procore IT team is seeking a Business Systems Analyst with a background in Sales or Business Intelligence solutions for a rapidly growing company. You will be a key contributor on the Business Services team delivering on systems integrations and business processes that run our sales organization.
The successful candidate must possess strong communication skills with the ability to articulate and document requirements, identify solutions, and provide feedback for our business users. The Business Systems Analyst is a key member of the IT team and will primarily focus on the integration of various business systems, business processes, and reporting tools across the Sales organization. This position is part of the Information Technology department and supports a variety of business units under the Sales organization. The ideal candidate must possess the business and technical skills prescribed, enjoy working in a fast-paced and high-growth environment, and have experience managing complex projects in support of a sales organization.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What You’ll Do
- Engage with users at different levels to understand business needs, then analyze, document, evaluate and prioritize the requirements to make recommendations on solutions and implementation.
- Research, document, and communicate numerous project requirements, including: product specifications, platform/product interoperability, deployment timelines, acceptance criteria, and maintenance requirements.
- Work effectively with the Enablement team and help them understand the specifications and/or requirements for technical development, testing, and implementation.
- Identify and execute testing in support of system integration and user acceptance.
- Define, discover, and assist in the reporting process to help business users make informed decisions.
- Partner with various business units and solution teams to meet evolving business requirements and needs.
- Ensure solutions promote simplicity, efficiency, and conform to company standards and guidelines.
- Provide visibility, insight, and communication during technology implementations and enhancements, working successfully as a liaison between involved parties/teams.
- Partner with the Sales organization to provide training, support, and technical assistance to IT Support teams and end users.
- Lead, guide, and support team members to help streamline processes and improve efficiency.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, STEM, IT, or related discipline or equivalent experience. • 3-5 years of hands-on experience as a Business System Analyst or related role.
- Experience implementing enterprise software, specifically in the areas of Sales or Customer Success.
- Background in gathering business requirements, preforming assessments, and presenting solutions in the areas of sales, relationship management, data analysis, and/or data reporting.
- Experience working with both business and technical teams, coordinating cross-functional team discussions, and facilitating deployments in an enterprise.
- Strong background in business process and the ability to proactively identify, manage, and correct business process issues.
- Hands-on experience with sales-oriented applications like Salesforce, Service Cloud, Outreach, DocuSign, LinkedIn, and InContact.
- Ability to identify and match business requirements to the functional capabilities of proposed solutions.
- Ability to learn new applications and technologies quickly with minimal direction.
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse sets of business users to develop requirements, Identify common goals, and facilitate effective delivery of solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, receptive listening skills, and the ability to present complex ideas to non-technical staff.
- Team player able to work with both local and remote teams who may operate in different time zones.
- Ability to lead, guide, and support individuals and teams to improve business processes and communication.
- Knowledge and experience with API and ETL concepts and tools.
- Experience with leading technologies and platforms, such as Salesforce, Workday, Zuora, and Concur.
- Experience in creating reports from tools like Salesforce, Excel, Tableau, Looker, or similar.
- Possess business cross-functional knowledge in: Sales, Marketing, IT, Legal, and Compliance.
Procore Technologies, founded in 2003, provides cloud-based construction management software to clients across the globe. It is the collaborative hub of construction intelligence, connecting all construction team members to the information they need, when they need it. Procore’s comprehensive platform increases project communication and efficiency by streamlining, automating, and mobilizing project communications and documentation. This 24/7 accessibility to project data minimizes costly risks and delays, ultimately boosting profits. Procore helps construction services companies of all types manage projects including industrial plants, office buildings, apartment complexes, university facilities, retail centers, and more.
At Procore we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work, and are encouraged to try new ideas, all while in an open, collaborative environment. We believe in keeping our employees happy—whether that's the latest tech, catered lunches, dog friendly offices, or our fitness programs. You'll have the opportunity to work with a great group of people, mentor others, and grow with Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, with growing offices across the United States. To learn more about our team, click here.