TV ONLINE ASSISTANT EDITOR: JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
To prepare and deliver color and finishing projects as well as assist the artists.
TV ONLINE ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
Preparations for Projects/Sessions
• Set up project folder structure on the SAN.
• Ensure all prep is downloaded and up to date.
• Ensure all elements are properly labeled.
• Ensure all lists and references are properly formatted. Notify the project producer and production coordinator of any issues.
• Ensure all required elements are present and if not notifying the project producer and production coordinator.
• Communicate with the project producer and the production coordinators any issues that may arise with elements.
• Create restore master, missing, and update EDL(s) and submit to data department.
• Transcode, trim, and import sources files based off client AVB(s)/EDL(s)/AAF(s)/XML(s).
• Ensure all project settings are set to the defined department standard.
• Flag and contact the project producer and night coordinator on any shots that do not line up to the reference.
• Flag and contact the project producer and night coordinator on any shots that are not delivered in the correct color space.
• Update the project producer and production coordinators on any prep issues or spec changes.
Execution of Job
• Conform (linking, transcoding, consolidating) imported, raw, transcode, scanned, and or trimmed files to client provided
• Keep in communications with the project producer and production coordinator on any outstanding footage and other elements needed to complete the project.
• Quality check the conform timelines to client supplied reference to insure that all material is accounted for.
• Communicating discrepancies between the conform and the offline to the CO3 project team.
• Communicate any machine downtime to the producer, production coordinator and engineering.
• Assist with the render/record delivery per the project/network specs given by the work order.
• Label finished elements clearly to indicate episode, cut number/letter, date, etc.
• Quality checking all material for any missing material or corruption.
• Exporting finished material to requested media storage format.
• Quality check all exports to ensure that all material is accounted for on the requested storage format and is free of any corruption.
• Ensure all work orders are legibly filled out.
• Touch base with production coordinator before leaving shift for handoff notes, etc.
• Update producers and coordinators all relevant information for all aspects of the project.
• Generating Night Report with the status of the current days sessions and the following days sessions.
• Reporting all system repair needs via the EMR system. For urgent matters immediately contact the production coordinator(s).
• Keep production up-to-date on the status of any situation that directly affects the session and or is deliveries.
Requirements / Background
• Knowledge of digital capture cameras and files
• Background and/or knowledge of offline editing
• Avid experience. FCP experience a plus
• File based workflow experience
• Knowledge of mobile storage devices and formats
• BlackMagic Resolve and/or other color correction software experience a plus
• REPORTS TO: Head of Production | Short Form