We’re on a mission to build a better bathroom. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we’ve expanded into shave products, skin care, hair styling, with more to come. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a team-playing innovator, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too.
Dollar Shave Club (DSC) is looking for an Assistant Controller to join our amazing Accounting Team.
- Manage the Company’s monthly closing process, produce financial statements in accordance with GAAP, and efficiently prepare entity and consolidated level financial reporting that provides insights to Company management
- Supervise all US day-to-day accounting operations including general ledger, AP, inventory accounting, fixed assets, and statutory reporting, and tax compliance
- Continue the evolution of the ERP system with automation to help the organization scale, allowing for good reporting and ensures strong internal controls
- Ensure transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed and supported in accordance with Company policies, generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls
- Continue training and opportunities for career growth of the Accounting team members
- Develop the strategy, manage the development and execution of all processes and controls for accounting functional teams as well as recommending and coordinating the implementation of company-wide policies that help the organization to operate in a professional and controlled manner
- Develop and publish financial reports for owner consolidation and internal evaluation
- Worked with external partners including auditors, bankers, and advisors to build relationships, increase the Company’s capabilities and incorporate best practices into the Accounting team and across the company
- Ensure that operational and design effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting is maintained
- 8-10 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Performance Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Big 4 experience preferred
- ERP experience (preferably JD Edwards)
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance
- CPA certification
Dollar Shave Club is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: Dollar Shave Club provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Dollar Shave Club will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Dollar Shave Club will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Thank you for considering a career with Dollar Shave Club