Looking for the next challenge in your engineering career? Like working with talented people on challenging problems? Don’t like to be micro-managed? Comfortable taking responsibility for getting the job done? Have an unbreakable passion for excellent engineering work? Tradesy might just be your next stop. We are looking for an experienced Android engineer who can hit the ground running and help us meet our scaling challenges.
Tradesy is a new kind of peer-to-peer marketplace that eliminates friction from resale. Our mission is to make it dead simple and delightful for anyone to sell the designer goods in their closets. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica. We're backed by some of the best investors around, including Kleiner Perkins (repped by John Doerr on our board), and Sir Richard Branson.
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to deliver an exceptional user experience for the Android platform.
- Design, innovate, build, test, release, and maintain software.
- Use Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques to maintain a stable application.
- Build user interfaces following best practices and Material Design.
- 2+ years of experience in developing native Android applications.
- Strong understanding of the Java programming language.
- Strong understanding of object oriented design.
- Experience with RESTful web services.
- Experience in agile development methodologies with continuous integration.
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent professional experience).
- Experience with reactive programming (RxJava).
- Experience writing functional tests with Espresso or other testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with Dagger, Retrofit, okHTTP.
- Expertise in Android UI frameworks and MVP application design.
- Experience building backend services and APIs.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Stock options.
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K).
- Flexible PTO.
- Daily catered lunches.
- Dog friendly office.
- Tight knit team.
This is a unique opportunity to solve hard problems and have an outsized impact on the future of a growing startup. We're a passionate, tight-knit team that cares deeply about doing a lot with a little, and embraces doing the hard things that others dismiss as impossible. If that sounds fun, then we'd love to talk to you!