Gameplay Animator (Contract)
Playstation (Santa Monica)
2 weeks ago
• Work closely with the Combat Design Team during the pre-visualization process, assisting both with combat and character navigation 3D pre-vis. Focus on nailing character development, choreography, and timing of each move with the Animation Director and Gameplay Animation Lead.
• Assemble and prepare navigation, combat, and world interactive moves for shooting on the motion capture stage.
• Assist with mocap shoots, informing the stage crew of prop needs, checking for continuity and keeping track of editing needs for combat and navigation moves.
• Assemble, edit, clean up, and enhance motion capture data shot on stage, including both body and face. Collaborate with the Animation Lead, Design Director, Gameplay Director, Animation Director, and Lead Combat Designer to achieve the perfect balance between animation fidelity and gameplay responsiveness.
• Animate non-mocapped characters, creatures, and props by hand. This includes hand-keyed facial expressions and lip sync as necessary.
• Work closely with Combat Designers and Gameplay Programmers to integrate moves into the game engine, monitoring and troubleshooting any technical issues that might arise.