Hello, we're Nordstromrack.com | HauteLook
Acquired by Nordstrom in March 2011, HauteLook is a place where you'll discover thousands of the top fashion and lifestyle brands at amazing savings. Each day at 8 AM Pacific, HauteLook offers new sale events featuring the best names in women's and men's fashion and accessories, beauty, kids' apparel and toys, and home décor at up to 75% off.
An Insider's view of Nordstromrack.com | HauteLook
What’s the vibe like in the office?
Our engineering team is super friendly and loves to collaborate. The leadership truly believes in work/life balance. What I enjoy most about the culture here is the genuine excitement about moving our platform forward into newer technologies so that we can build smarter and scale easier to handle our increasing traffic.
Sr. Software Engineer
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
It’s easy to sit down and have an open conversation with anyone here -- whether that's working with retail employees for our omnichannel features or partnering with Engineering on the most optimal technology for such a wide breadth of product. Being able to work with so many different people has been one of the most enjoyable parts of my job!
Sr. Product Manager
How has your career grown since starting at the company?
I started in Customer Care among 70 other agents, and 4 years later I now work as a Technical Program Manager. With constant annual growth of about 25%, our teams have expanded, Care now has a few hundred agents, and our projects pose exciting opportunities, from new features on the website to fulfillment center and infrastructure upgrades.
Technical Program Manager
How do you empower your team to be more creative?
We strive to be humble, allowing engineering teams to challenge ideas and solve issues from the bottom up rather than the top down. We create a space where the engineers feel enabled to be creative and contribute freely. We always make sure that engineers have a chance to take lead, be creative, and drive solutions.
Director of Engineering
What projects are you most excited about?
Working with teams across the organization to help solve our scalability challenges. With demand continually increasing, it's an exciting challenge to improve our APIs, provide an excellent and seamless checkout experience, and put products in the hands of our customers as fast as technology allows. Behind every line of code lies a happy customer.
Sr. Software Engineer
Where we are
Our office is at The Bloc in DTLA with coffee, delicious bites, and the 7th Street Metro Station only steps away!
Perks + Benefits
Volunteer in local community
Partners with Nonprofits
Eat lunch together
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Match charitable contributions
Child Care & Parental Leave
Generous Parental Leave
Family Medical Leave
Vacation & Time Off
Promote from within
- As a former intern turned full time engineer, I’ve experienced firsthand how this company prioritizes the growth of its employees. I get to work with the most intelligent, interesting, and supportive people on a product I’m passionate about!AmeliaMobile Engineer
- We have a culture that promotes openness. Suggestions for improvement, in all aspects of the company, are both welcomed and encouraged by management. The hackathons are lit! Work/life balance & growth are first class citizens.BruceQA Engineer
- What I like best about working here is the level of ownership and responsibility across all areas of the company. Everyone here is passionate about their individual work yet can collaborate seamlessly on cross-functional initiatives.EthanSearch Engine Marketing Manager
- Over the past five years here, I've been provided the opportunity to continuously learn and grow while in the presence of great individuals. I am glad to be associated with a company with vision, focus and long term goals.DeeptiEngineering Manager, QA
- We have infinite opportunities for growth. Career development happens naturally when exploring your interests across the business and building great relationships with peers/leaders. It helped me define my goals and move from Operations to Product!AbigailProduct Manager
Jobs at Nordstromrack.com | HauteLook11 open jobs
Design + UX
Dev + Engineer
Design + UX
Technology we use
- Microsoft SQL ServerDatabases